Why don’t I want to do it now?
Is it boring?
- Do it anyway and consider the consequence if you don’t do it.
- Break it into smaller parts and do one or several parts at a time
Do I only have small blocks of time available but want to do everything from start to finish?
- Change your mindset and make it a positive idea. Small blocks of time mean you only need to do a small amount of work
Am I tired?
- Be aware of your circadian rhythms. Each of us peaks at different hours of the day. Before and after lunch is usually a good time to catch up on mundane activities
Do I fear failing or that it won’t turn out perfectly?
- Fear on losing things,
- forgetting things
- not finishing things or
- doing the wrong thing can generate a lack of action which can affect your self-esteem.
How to be Successful
If you are easily distracted keep only one project on your desk at a time.
Give yourself a time span to complete a project and don’t let your mind wonder from the task
Try setting small goals and giving your self rewards
Think of how you will feel when the task is completed, pride, relief, satisfaction
There are more great ideas in a book titled “Don’t Agonize Organize Your Office”By Diane A Hatcher