When you are moving pack 2 boxes that has everything you need for moving day and the first night. Keep these 2 boxes with you and not in the moving truck. These boxes should include:
- Glasses – plastic or glass for drinks or water.
- A roll of paper towels
- A roll of toilet paper for each bathroom
- A bar of soap or container of liquid soap for the bathroom
- A hand towel in the bathroom
- Dishcloth, dish soap and tea towel for cleaning dishes that maybe dusty from moving
- Sheets for the bed and pillows so you can go to sleep at the end of a long day moving in
- Towels for a shower and basic cosmetics to clean up after the move
- Chargers for your phone, tablet and computer
It is handy to pack a pail of basic cleaning supplies so you can do a quick clean before things are unpacked. Bring:
- All purpose cleaning supplies
- Broom and dust pan
- Pack it all in a pail
With these things easily accessible you can clean up and get a good nights rest before you continue to unpack and make your new place a home.