If you find that you spend too much time or money shopping here are some ideas from “Don’t Agonize Organize your Office” by Diane A Hatcher.
Buying for the Wrong Reasons
- It was on sale
- Too good a bargain to pass up
- I may find a use for it some day
- Someone else I know may need it one day
- It feels good to shop
How to Buy
- Shop for things you need not want
- Shop for things that fit into the space you have
- What am I going to use it for?
- Where am I going to put it?
- When you buy something new, give 2 things away.
Whenever you buy, make a plan first.
Signs can encourage to purchase items, so follow your plan not their plan
What habits have you set for yourself so you don’t buy unnecessary items?
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She enjoys working with her clients to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She reduces clutter, streamlines processes and manages time to help her clients be more effective in reaching their goals. Julie can coach you to break-free of the physical or emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms.
Contact her at email@example.com
Click here to learn more about working with a Professional Organizer?