Reading Time – 5 minutes
The technical side of organizing involves a series of steps:
- Sort items into groups of the same type of objects
- Part with items you don’t need, love or use
- Assign a place for things to be stored
- Containerize items to keep them together so you know how much you have
- Evaluate your system and see if it needs some adjustments to work better for you.
S P A C E is used to remember the basic steps of organizing.
For me the fun side of organizing involves thinking outside the box:
- using old items in new ways
- rearranging furniture to make a better flow in the room
- storing items in fun containers
Today I am going to show you 5 ways to use a shoe organizer.
Storing clothing items
- Store scarves, hats, gloves or mitts. The clear pockets make it easy to get out the right things. In the summer a shoe organizer near the entryway is a good way to store sunglasses, sunscreen and hats. Always a convenient place to keep your masks.
- In your closet, you can store belts, scarves, socks, bras, shoelaces anything that you like to easily grab and go. What clothing items have you stored in a shoe organizer? Oh, yes shoes.
Store cleaning supplies for you or the home.
- Shoe organizers are a good way to store all your shower needs, shampoo, conditioner, soap etc. Take what you need into the shower.
- They are also great in a laundry room. Put your cleaning solutions in the pockets, stainer mover, furniture polish, tile cleaner, rug cleaner, spot remover, clothes pegs, lint brush
- Make it your home repair center, picture hanging kits, sewing kits, fuses, light bulbs, small tools, tapes, glue, felt furniture pads.
Use it in your craft room.
- The picture show quilt squares. The pockets can hold paintbrushes, glue sticks, scissors, tape, ribbon, pencil crayons, markers, rulers, paints. This list is endless.
Use it in your office.
- I took this picture in a book store. These are maps being stored in a shoe organizer.
- You can use it for office supplies, pens, pencils, stapes, business cards, rulers, tape measures, tape, glue, envelopes, cards
- You can sort photos into the pockets
- It can be an easy place to store your receipts by month or category.
What about your plants and gardening items?
- It can hold your plants.
- It can hold your gardening supplies, tools, plant food, seeds, insecticides
What is your favourite way to use a shoe organizer?
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She has been working with clients since 2006 to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She uses her love of physical activity to reduce clutter, in your home and office. She guides and supports you to manage your time. If you’re in a difficult transition Julie can coach you to break-free of emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms. Online courses are available to help instruct, coach and support your organizing projects. Get started by downloading Tips for Reorganizing 9 Rooms.
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to learn more about her online course Create an Organized Home.