Who would use virtual organizing services?
For clients who:
- wish to do the “hands-on “organizing themselves
- are uncertain about someone coming into their home,
- want a cost-effective way to get organized
- need to manage their organizing appointments to fit a complex schedule
- need support to stay focused
Why would I offer this service?
Virtual organizing allows me to:
- spend less time driving and more time organizing providing support to my clients through prearranged online meetings
- have clients all around the world
- keep working with clients that move away
- do organizing while coaching, teaching, supporting and mentoring clients
What would a virtual organizing session look like
There are probably as many ways to do virtual organizing as there are organizers. Here are my 2 formats.
Format 1 for the DIYers = 3 conversations, a plan, follow up support
To keep the process simple, only one room will be discussed at a time.
The process consists of:
- After you contact me, I book an intake conversation over the phone, Skype or e-mail to describe the process. You can send me photos or a video so I understand your situation clearly and to use them as reference. It is about 15 minutes long
- I book a Virtual Appointment using Zoom or Skype, Face Time, Google Hangout, Facebook to see the room and discuss your organizing goals. It is about 45 minutes in length.
- I develop a step by step plan and send it to you so you have your customized organizing plan to follow.
- After you have had time to read the plan, I book a virtual question and answer session to allow you to clarify the plan and establish a timeline for the project. It is about 15 minutes long.
Once a timeline has been established for the project one of two follow up options may be selected.
Support Option A – This works well for people who manage their time well and are motivated to get the job done.
You will work on the project and e-mail pictures or set up a Skype call as needed to help:
- solve problems,
- clarify the next step,
- receive storage suggestions.
- receive donation and recycling information.
Support Option B – This works well for people who are easily distracted or procrastinate in getting the space organized.
- You will e-mail the day and time they will be working on the job.
- I will e-mail, Skype, text or call each hour to see what assistance you need in order to successfully complete the work scheduled for that day.
In Format 1 most of my time is spent on the process of building the customized plan. Most of your time is spent on implementing the customized organizing plan. Some time is spent on supporting the work sessions.
Format 2 for the person who doesn’t want to work alone = This process is very similar to working with an organizer in person
- After you contact me, I book an intake conversation over the phone, Skype or e-mail to describe the process. You can send me photos or a video so I understand your situation clearly and to use them as reference. It takes about 15 minutes
- I book a Virtual Appointment using Zoom or Skype, Face Time, Google Hangouts, Facebook to see the room and discuss your organizing goals and begin organizing. You will have the computer /tablet in the room with you while you are working. I will be teaching you skills, keeping you focused and supporting you. I will help you with the process of sorting, reducing, establishing a space to store things, containers to use and discussing the next steps. The sessions may include: where to donate items, how to sell items and where to recycle items. The session will be between 2-3 hours.
- We decide on the next appointment time and continue working with the client until the job is completed.
In Format 2 most of the time is spent together getting the space organized. Virtual organizing allows an organizer to support your organizing projects by providing planning, coaching and mentoring. Click To Tweet
To book a complimentary 30 minute virtual assessment use this link or contact me directly at email@example.com
For more information check my Virtual Organizing Services on my website
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She enjoys working with her clients to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She reduces clutter, streamlines processes and manages time to help her clients be more effective in reaching their goals. Julie can coach you to break-free of the physical or emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms.
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to learn more about working with a Professional Organizer?