Organize a bucket list for the holiday season
Reading time – 3 minutes
I have never been a person to make a bucket list. Mostly because I feel I don’t have anything to put in it, the bucket.
However, during December I sometimes get depressed. It is mostly because of the lack of light. It is also because there are a lot of expectations leading up to December 25th and then it is all over. Sometimes it went well and some years it didn’t go very smoothly. This can lead to dreading the holiday season and having your spirits drop. So over the years, I have been incorporating many fun events through the month of December so there is less emphasis on one day. So this year I am making a bucket list.Incorporate many fun events through the month of December so there is less emphasis on one day. Click To Tweet
- go to a holiday concert
- go to a candlelight walk sponsored by a town
- go to a mall and don’t shop just enjoy people watching and the decorations
- go on a tour of outdoor skating rinks
- go tobogganing /snowshoeing /cross country skiing
- have the neighbours over for an open house evening
- go to a dinner theatre
- walk around your neighbourhood and enjoy the holiday lights every night
- play holiday music
- participate in a gift-giving program, help the less fortunate
- watch the world junior hockey tournament on television
- buy a poinsettia from a fundraising group
- grow an amaryllis plant
- buy an advent calendar for yourself
- light some candles each evening
- visit Niagara Falls in the winter – cold but amazing
- visit the CP holiday train US or CP holiday train canada
Let me know what would be on your bucket list.
What would you put on your bucket list?
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She has been working with clients since 2006 to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She uses her love of physical activity to reduce clutter, in your home and office. She guides and supports you to manage your time. If you’re in a difficult transition Julie can coach you to break-free of emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms. Online courses are available to help instruct, coach and support your organizing projects. Get started by downloading Tips for Reorganizing 9 Rooms.
Contact her at email@example.com
Click here to learn more about her online course Create an Organized Home.