The holiday season is here and Black Friday has come and gone and Cyber Monday is completed. Why talk about shopping now?
Developing good shopping habits will save you money. Now is the time of the year when you can get lots of practice developing good shopping habits.Developing good buying habits will save you money. Click To Tweet
Buying for the Wrong Reasons
- It was on sale
- Too good a bargain to pass up
- I may find a use for it some day
- Someone else I know may need it one day
- It feels good to shop
I am sure we have all experienced these reasons for purchasing items at one time or another. Usually these types of purchases are items we don’t need, use, want or even like. They cost us money, not save money. If you have made a purchase for the wrong reason, you can return it.
How to Buy
- Shop for things you need not want
- Shop for things that fit into the space you have
- Shop for things within your budget
- Determine how you will use the item
- Know where you are going to store it or display it
- When you buy something new, give something away.
Do you plan a budget for your holiday shopping?
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She enjoys working with her clients to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She reduces clutter, streamlines processes and manages time to help her clients be more effective in reaching their goals. Julie can coach you to break-free of the physical or emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms.
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to learn more about working with a Professional Organizer?