Keep Clutter on the Run, Get Organized
Reading time – 1 minute
Three Steps to Organizing
- Consolidate items into groups
- Containerize groups in sturdy, proper sized containers that are labeled
- Condense items so you have the appropriate amount of items in each group
Follow Two Routines
- Do four things in the morning
- Do four things in the evening
Five Habits to Keep Clutter on the Run
- If you get it out, put it away
- Apply the 30 second rule – if it takes 30 seconds or less to do something, do it immediately
- Follow the camping rule – leave the room the way you found it or better
- Look, really look at your surroundings to see what is out of place
- Use “little minute” to clean – those few minutes while you are waiting for someone, on hold on the phone, watching a pot boil
Let me know your tricks to help you stay organized.
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Organizing Coach who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She has been working with clients since 2006 to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She uses her love of physical activity to reduce clutter, in your home and office. She guides and supports you to manage your time. If you’re in a difficult transition Julie can coach you to break-free of emotional clutter constraining you from living life on your terms. Online courses are available to help instruct, coach and support your organizing projects. Get started by downloading Tips for Reorganizing 9 Rooms.
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to learn more about her online course Create an Organized Home.