Start by determining any special uses of the bedroom (e.g., home office, baby’s crib and supplies, etc.) Only have items in the bedroom that serve the purpose of the room. Remove all other items.
1. Store your clothes in the closet. Double your hanging space by installing a lower hanging bar. Add an extra shelf up high in the closet to store off-season items.
2. Under-bed storage containers are very helpful for oversized items or off-season clothing. You can raise your bed to create more storage by using bed risers to lift the bed up.
3. A night side table with a drawer and shelf or cupboard will provide more storage than a table.
4. Use vertical space to add more storage. An armoire or high-boy may suit your room better than a long, low dresser.
5. Use the inside of the bedroom and closet doors to hang items. Over-the-door rack and hook products accommodate shoes, jewellery, scarves, ties, etc.
6. Reduce the amount of bedding to a minimum. Have 2 sets of sheets one on the bed and one extra set. Have a light weight blanket for warm weather and a heavy blanket for cooler seasons.
Let me know which tip you liked best and add your own tip in the comment box.
Julie Stobbe is a Trained Professional Organizer who brings happiness to homes and organization to offices, in person and virtually. She enjoys working with her clients to provide customized organizing solutions to suit their individual needs and situation. She reduces clutter, streamlines processes and manages time to help her clients be more effective in reaching their goals. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org